Pages

Friday 21 January 2011

Even daylight's not enough

Last night I made my first Valentine's cupcakes, having thought about them for far too long! I went for two simple, but striking designs~ a red rose, and a glittery heart. They look fab in their black gift boxes, but no matter what I do, I cannot get a decent photo of them. They looked dreadful with the flash last night, so I thought I'd try again this morning. I even took them into the garden and knelt in the frost (still in my pyjamas!) to take some better shots, but no, up popped the flash. There must be a way on a digital SLR to turn off the flash, but I really can't work it out, so here are the best pictures I managed to get...

Red Rose Cupcake

Glittery heart cupcake (with some stray glitter, grrr)


By the way, the upshot of the Great Muffin Debate is simply that I'll be a bit more descriptive when I name them, so the Plum Crumble Muffin is now the 'Light and Fluffy Plum Crumble Muffin'!

4 comments:

  1. The rose is absolutely beautiful. Well done and hope you sell loads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I'm really looking forward to having a stall full of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This rose is beautiful! ~Kelly

    unDeniably Domestic

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that rose one it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete