Pages

Monday, 16 May 2011

Even more papercutting!

Apologies if you're a Facebook follower- you'll already have seen these!

I couldn't have hoped for a better reaction from Thomas- he was thrilled when he opened his card... even though he had already opened his telescope!

So spurred on by his reaction, I drew a few more grown up designs. They weren't the easiest thing to work out how to draw, but once I'd got the hang of it, it was fairly logical. I made just two cards to start with, one a really simple heart design...

Love heart papercut card
And the second a more self-indulgent (read time-consuming!) congratulations card.




I'm so pleased with them that I've got several more designs in the pipeline including good luck, age and personalised wedding/engagement cards. There might even be some new baby framed papercuts on the way!

Why is it though, that every new spark of inspiration has to cost me money?! As I was making these cards, the blade kept falling out of my knife and when I took the photos I realised how woolly the lines were because the blade wasn't sharp enough. Later that day a routine trip into town saw me 'investing' in new blades for my swivel knife and a totally new knife! I need to get some really good examples into my Foksy shop a.s.a.p. and get promoting!

As usual on a Monday, to see what other crafties have been investing their time and money in this week, take a look at Handmade Monday.