Pages

Monday, 13 June 2011

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his black and white cat!

My sons were two yesterday, so for this week's Handmade Monday, I thought I'd share their birthday cake with you. They are more than a little obsessed with everyone's favourite postman at the moment, so the subject matter wasn't even up for discussion. I made it as easy for myself as I could and did Pat and Jess on a break, not because I couldn't be bothered, but because for various reasons I didn't start it until gone 10.00 on Saturday night! Feeling rather pleased with my efforts, I crawled into bed well after midnight, only to wake in the night in a panic because I hadn't made any glasses for Pat! Luckily that was easily remedied yesterday morning.

My hard work was rewarded when the usual cries of 'CACK' (why they call cake cack I've no idea, but it's kind of caught on!) were joined by even more excited cries of 'PAT, MUMMY! JESS!' Hooray, success, they recognised them! Do you?!



My other cake project this week was a simple 40th birthday cake. Pink and glittery, fabulous!